The term wireless communication was coined in the nineteenth century. In this technology, information can be transmitted using electromagnetic waves such as IR, RF, satellite.
Wireless Communication with Applications
The term wireless communication was introduced in the 19th century and wireless communication technology has developed over the subsequent years. It is one of the most important mediums of transmission of information from one device to another device. In this technology, the information can be transmitted through the air without requiring any cable or wires or other electronic conductors, by using electromagnetic waves like IR, RF, satellite, etc. In the present day, wireless communication technology refers to a variety of wireless communication devices and technologies ranging from smartphones to computers, tabs, laptops, Bluetooth Technology, printers.
Introduction to Types of Wireless CommunicationIn the present day, the wireless communication system has become an essential part of various types of wireless communication devices, that permit the user to communicate even from remote operated areas. There are different types of wireless communication devices like mobiles. Cordless telephones, Zigbee wireless technology, GPS, Wi-Fi, satellite television, and wireless computer parts. Current wireless phones include 3 and 4G networks, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi technologies.
HistoryThe history of wireless communication is discussed below.
- The first telegraph was invented (1600 – 1833)
- The invention of the radio from the telegraph (1867-1896)
- The birth of radio (1897 – 898)
- Transoceanic Communication (1901 –1909)
- Voice over Radio and the First Television Transmissions (1914 – 1940)
- Commercial Television and the Birth of Mobile Telephony (1946 – 1976)
- Cellular Mobile Telephony and Steps toward Wireless Internet (1979 – 1994)
- The Wireless Data Era (1997 – 2009)
- PCS (1995-2008)